Before we begin any treatment, we work with you to identify your skin concerns and customize your treatment plan. This conversation covers relevant medical information and family history so we can determine if the treatment is right for you.
Then we discuss your desired results and any associated risks.
During IPL treatment, the pulses may cause a snapping sensation and warmth on your skin. Following the treatment, brown spots may darken, and skin may appear red for 3–24 hours. Many people require a series of 3–5 appointments spaced one month apart to achieve their desired results.
Following the treatment you may experience some redness and irritation. Until your skin fully heals, we recommend you:
- Do not rub, pick, or pull your skin, as it could result in scarring.
- Avoid vigorous activities, swimming, and hot showers, especially in the ﬁrst 24 hours following the treatment.
- Avoid harsh cleansers, washcloths, scrubs, or loofahs for 36–48 hours following your treatment.
- Do not use products containing salicylic acid, alpha hydroxy acids, retinol, prescription retinoids, or benzoyl peroxide for 5 days after the treatment or once peeling, redness, or dryness subsides.
- Use sunscreen daily with SPF 30 or higher and avoid direct sunlight for at least 48 hours.
- Do not have any other facial treatment for 2 weeks after the procedure.
You should start to notice a difference within 1–3 weeks post-treatment.