Before we begin your treatment, we will have a consultation to discuss your skin and talk about your goals. This conversation covers relevant medical information and family history to help determine if the treatment you seek is right for you.
We will then discuss your desired results and any associated risks with the procedure.
Our team takes the time to help you understand the Sylfirm X treatment every step of the way.
On the day of your procedure (about an hour prior to treatment), one of our providers will apply a topical anesthetic cream to the indicated area. The procedure is minimally invasive, so the anesthetic helps ensure you feel minimal discomfort.
Our team can choose from 8 modes depending on your skin goals and needs. Depending on the treatment area, treatment can take between 20 minutes and 2 hours. Following the procedure, we apply a soothing balm or serum to your skin to promote healing. We’ll also review post-care instructions.
Pre-care can help protect your skin and prevent the risk of adverse events. Leading up to your treatment, do not:
- Consume NSAIDs (ibuprofen) or blood thinners 1 week before the treatment
- Receive chemical peels 2–4 weeks before the treatment
- Receive LED or non-invasive lasers 2–3 weeks before the treatment
- Receive invasive lasers, like C0² laser, 6–12 weeks before the treatment
- Use Retin A or retinoids 1 week before the treatment
- Perm hair or dye hair 1 week before treatment
Please contact our team or discuss with one of our providers if you have any questions regarding pre-care recommendations.
Patient response can vary after a Sylfirm X treatment. It’s normal to experience erythema (redness) and edema (swelling) within a few minutes after the procedure. The degree of symptoms and healing time will increase with the depth of your treatment. Your provider has customized your treatment for your skin condition, so some areas may experience more sensitivity.
Beginning the morning after treatment, cleanse the skin 2 times daily. Use lukewarm water and a gentle cleanser. Gently apply the cleanser with your hands and rinse carefully with water. Finish by patting dry with a soft cloth. Avoid rubbing the treated area.
After cleansing your face, spritz your skin with a light mist of Hale Derma Spray and allow it to dry.
Next, apply epidermal repair. It’s a reparative moisturizer that does not contain actives, so it won’t irritate the face. Healing occurs more rapidly if the skin surface is kept moist and protected.
When showering, avoid getting shampoo directly on the treated area. Keeping the back of your head towards the water (facing away), avoiding the full force of the shower stream (for initial 24 hours).
As with most aesthetic treatments, Sylfirm X-treated skin may be more sun-sensitive. Use a full-spectrum sunscreen. You can apply sunscreen the morning following the procedure.
Until your skin fully heals, we recommend you avoid:
- Alcohol-based products and exfoliants for 24–48 hours
- Hot showers, hot tubs, saunas, steam rooms, and hot yoga for 48 hours
- Strenuous exercise and sweating for 24–48 hours
Redness or swelling is typically a short-term response and can last a few days, depending on the depth of treatment.
- Use a cold compress to help relieve swelling.
- Sleep on your back with an elevated pillow.
- Use a fresh, clean pillowcase.
Patients may temporarily experience breakouts or small pustules.
- Clean the skin gently (noted in our recommended routine).
- Spray Hale Derma on the skin 4–5 times a day.
The skin may feel rough, developing brownish or dark-looking micro-scabs. The scabs will slough off naturally over time. Oozing or seeping (clear fluid) may occur when scabs peel off following intense treatments. It can last between 24–72 hours, depending on the treatment depth.
- Do not scrub or peel off the scrabs.
- Clean the skin as recommended.
You can manage any post-treatment discomfort with over-the-counter pain relievers, such as acetaminophen. Antihistamine medications may help with itch or irritation but can be sedating.
If you’re prescribed an antiviral medication, continue to take it as directed to prevent cold sores (herpes breakouts).
Following the procedure, you may experience some redness and irritation. Most patients say they feel comfortable enough to continue with their day following treatment.
Until your skin fully heals, we recommend you:
- Avoid alcohol-based products and exfoliants
- Avoid activities that cause excessive sweating
- Use sunscreen, as your skin will be sensitive
Many patients see visible improvement in their skin within just a single treatment. Depending on your specific needs and goals, we may recommend up to 5 treatments.